Pages

Friday 9 March 2018

Tokyo, Japan (Autumn 2017) - Part 2

Firstly, I would need to apologize as I've forgotten about the continuation of the earlier post on Tokyo (Autumn) - Part 1. Please forgive me and allow me to continue today, after almost two months and I'm missing Tokyo :(

Day 4:Harajuku/Meiji Shrine:
Meiji Shrine is located just outside Harajuku station. The shrine is dedicated to Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken in 1920 and was destroyed in the WWII, but rebuilt shortly after. This shrine, unlike the temple is for the Shinto religion. Despite many of the practices are similar, they are actually 2 different religion here in Japan.







After visiting Meiji Shrine, you may wish to drop by Harajuku. In Harajuku, there's both shopping for the teenagers and adults. Fortunately enough, there was a wedding held at Meiji Shrine when I was visiting the shrine. It's really an eye opener to witness a local Japanese wedding!


Takeshita Dori is the street with teenage culture
Omotesando on the other hand is the adult street that is filled with boutiques and cafes.




For the day there, I had my dinner in a local departmental store. There's so many food for you to choose from and you might probably end up spending more money eating here than in a restaurant.






Day 5: Fujiko Musuem/Shinjuku:
This is also the day I actually had my biggest regret. Fujiko Musuem is located in Kawasaki City and you might need to take some time to travel to. I've proceeded to Kawasaki early in the morning, reaching Fujiko Musuem around noon in an attempt to visit one of my favourite childhood cartoon - Doraemon.

However, sadly as I did not have the tickets before hand, I was refused entry and I've to make my move, back to Shinjuku, the second place I'm visiting today. To anyone that would like to visit Fujiko Musuem,  please reserve your ticket before hand and collect from Lawson (the convenience store). There is no ticket that is sold on-site (just as I thought there is..)

There is a shuttle bus that ferry you from Noborito Station to Fujiko Musuem at a certain time interval, which you may want to refer to the table on their official site. Alternatively, you can alight at Noborito station and proceed to the bus terminal below. Head towards Berth 6 and wait for the bus 16 towards Fujiko Musuem. (Note: You've to pay for the shuttle bus as well and it cost 250 yen/trip, which you can pay via your bus pass) 







You'll be greeted by a big Doraemon backdrop for you to take your photo from in Noborito Station


Shinjuku
Basically shopping, shopping and shopping. There's a really big Adidas, Kinokuniya and Takashimaya there which I've actually spent some time in. Unfortunately, I did not take too much photo in Shinjuku. Not forgetting there's quite a fair bit of food there as well.

Hence to those who love to shop, Shinjuku is another place you might want to visit :)








Day 6: Ueno:
In Ueno, there is a stretch that sells many protective gears and equipment for rider. There's also a hell lot of bikes there for sale. New, big beast of 1000ccs, 7 storey building filled with them. Each different floors for different type of ride. Also, another place which I've spent quite some time at.

Make sure to not get lost there as Ueno Station is really big. And not to get confused with their different stations there like JR, Tokyo Metro and Shinkansen... which are all Ueno Station



Anyone saw Shin Chan's house direction?

Underground of Ueno Station (Departmental store upstairs)


Do try out their "roadside store" as well! It's something that is very rare here in Japan! And not forgetting their Izakaya (Japanese informal pub) for those who want to chill out after work! There's also a stretch behind the station which sells plenty of second hand electronic goods like camera.

"Road-side store" in Japan


Fresh Blue fin Tuna + Salmon with rice for only 500 yen (S$6). Not forgetting free flow of soy sauce and tea!

I really miss those 'Izakayas' feeling



And this marks the end of my small little Tokyo trip as I've to get back to work!!
I miss Tokyo. There's just too much in Tokyo for me to explore and another biggest regret is the relatively short duration that I've there. Nonetheless, I shall see you soon.

Up next - Sapporo, Hokkaido - Winter :)
Do look out for the next travel post. I know it's overdue. But please pardon me!



4 comments:

  1. Where is the author's face ah? I looking high and low for it. kekeke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi UN,

      I’m more to a photographer that takes photo than a celebrity that everyone looks at in the photo :(

      Delete
  2. Nice photos! So how is your Japanese now? hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. こんにちわKさん、

      そのような〜 ははは LOL!!

      Delete